Melon & Jamón Caprese
- Jamon Iberico (or prosciutto)
- Melon (or peach or nectarine) – sliced
- Spanish queso fresco (or mozzarella)
- Fresh basil
- Balsamic reduction
- Flaked salt
Cut melon into thin slices about 3 inches wide. Slice cheese into 2 in rounds. Make balsamic reduction.
Assemble caprese by layering each ingredient together then top with balsamic and flaked salt.
Manchego Lemon Quinoa Bowl – serves 12
Adapted from Sunday Suppers Lemon Manchego Risotto.
- 4 cups quinoa
- 2 cups blackberries (or fresh figs, dates, plums) – halved
- Half of large wheel manchego (sheep cheese) – grated
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 lemons – zest & juice
- 1 cups walnuts – chopped
- Flaked salt
Heat oil on medium low, add garlic, add quinoa and cook until glossy (1 min).
Stir in wine until absorbed (2 mins).
Add hot water and cook until done and all water is absorbed.
Stir in grated manchego, lemon juice, zest, fruit, and salt for tasting.
Put in serving bowl. Top with more grated manchego, flaked salt, zest, and walnuts.
- 1-2 bunches kale – finely chopped
- ½ cup tahini
- Hazelnut dukkah (this recipe, may substitute with any nut)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 avocados
- Raw zucchini – thinly sliced with a potato peeler or mandoline
Chop kale and toss in large bowl with olive oil and tahini.
Mix in dukkah.
Top with avocado, shaved zucchini, sprinkle of dukkah.
Chocolate pots de creme – Serves 12
- 2 (13.5 oz) can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 (13.5 oz) can coconut cream
- 3 Tbsp sugar or maple syrup
- 6 tsp vanilla extract
- 24-26 oz dark chocolate (approx 6 bars) – broken into squares
- Whipped cream
- lavender flaked salt
- cacao nibs
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
In a medium saucepan, bring coconut milk, sweetener and salt to a gentle boil.
Immediately remove from heat and whisk in vanilla, followed by chocolate. Whisk until uniform in color and texture.
Divide evenly into individual glasses, cool to room temperature and chill in fridge for at least 6 hours. To serve top each cup with whipped cream, olive oil, cacao nibs, and flaked salt.